Friday, June 25, 2010

Ink and Iron Picture Show

Hi Friendies,

It's Friday! Yahoo! I also found out I got some time off ok'd for the summer (next Friday for a friends visit, in two weeks I am taking three days off for my dad's visit from Maui, and I get one day off in August to go to a wedding in Tahoe). I am so happy for these 5 days off.....for my sanity! In all honesty, I have been pretty bummed about work lately and really need to recharge the batteries. I am sure from my blog it looks like I travel a lot, but it's mostly quick weekend trips which are fun but in the long run seem to make me more tired than anything else. I would love to take two straight weeks off, but things don't work like that in my world. So, in the meantime, 3 long weekends will be fantastic! I am so excited my friends Reuben and Annie are visiting from Tahoe for the 4th of July as is my sister, my dad is coming to visit....and I haven't seen him in over a year! and I get to go to Tahoe for an old friends wedding, and get to spend some summer time in Tahoe. Ahhhh.....

I wanted to share some pictures of a recent car show that Aaron and I went to called Ink and Iron. Aaron's car was entered to show, but he had some bad luck and the car is back in the shop...he actually has to rebuild the entire engine! Poor Aaron....We were also supposed to stay at the Queen Mary Hotel where the show was for the weekend, but decided against it because of the cost and because Aaron's car was not in the show. We decided to go up for the day and a glorious and interesting day it was!

The Queen Mary was at one time one of the largest ships in the world. Initially it was a cruise ship and later it was used for military purposes. It is now stationary in the Long Beach Harbor and it is quite a sight to see! I had never been and really wish we could have stayed. It reminded me of what I thought the Titanic looked must have looked like.

The car show is called Ink and Iron because there are cars (iron) and tattoos galore (ink). It was really was one of the strangest and wildest experiences I have ever had. I think I am going to just share the pictures so you can make your own assumptions. I will tell you that I met some ladies named Christy and Christine while Aaron was looking at the tattoo expo (I would have passed out if I saw the needles), we saw tons of cars, the boat was gorgeous, we saw lots of skull accessories...you know, in the middle of a flower to wear in your in your hair...greasers in training...aka BABIES in all the get-up...I kind of stood out in my Banana Republic clothes but I had a great time and although the people that attended this thing looked intimidating, they were all really friendly and accepting.

Feast your eyes......




























































And now we are off for camping... I hope you enjoy Ink and Iron as much as I did! 


XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Your Grandpa Jack was in the first troop sailing aboard the Queen Mary from Europe to New York. We visited once and he found the cabin he stayed in!

    ReplyDelete