Wednesday, May 4, 2011

25 Things I know to be true...

Jenna on ELR  got me thinking....and I decided to come up with my own list of 25 things I know to be true. I did not read the initial article which inspired Jenna's list, but have been putting together a list of my own over the past few years...sort of subconsciously. Now is as good a time as any to write them down.

1. You can't always have compassion, but you can always give compassion.
2. You are exactly where you are supposed to be.
3. Shopping can provide happiness...but it is fleeting happiness.
4. Nothing is quite as satisfying as finishing a great book.
5. Talking about how you feel with your friends and family heals you. Don't hold things in. If worst comes to worst, find a therapist. Talking=healing.
6. The past cannot be changed, so no point in dwelling on it. Just learn from it and move forward.
7. There is no point whatsoever in stressing out about things you can't control.
8. Mick Jagger sounds better on vinyl. So does Boz Scaggs.
9. You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.
10. Inner beauty creates outer beauty...find beauty and peace inside and you will be beautiful outside too.
11. I can't live without chap stick, eye drops, and dental floss.
12. Sumo wrestlers look good in thongs. I do not.
13. An evening with a great girl friend is better than any date with a guy.
14. A good friend is a good listener.
15. Work can be fun if you love what you do.
16. My life will not be complete unless I live in France one day.
17. Everything is impermanent. Change is the only constant.
18. Most people are flakes. If you can find some good people that are not flakes...make them your best friends!
19. Cooking is my therapy. Chopping, stirring, and turning raw products into a dish is magical.
20. Saying Ohm and Namaste used to make me giggle, now I find it very soothing.
21. I love my freckles and will not listen to sales people try to sell me concealer to hide them.
22. I love my teeth. I will not let others make me feel bad about them or allow an orthodontist to force me into braces for a third time.
23. Life is short. Enjoy every minute. Eat chocolate, travel, watch trashy tv...call your friends, enjoy your life.
24. Written letters are a dying art. Write thank you notes and letters often.
25. Not watching the daily news is good for your soul.

Have a great day, love bugs!
What 25 things do you know to be true?

2 comments: