Thursday, April 21, 2011

My first 5k

Well, I made it through my first 5k. It was so fun! It was really exciting seeing everyone line up stretch and get ready. 
This was the view at the starting point looking out to the foggy Pacific Ocean...


Like I said, my only goal was to run the whole time...and I did! I came in at an official time of 33:04 but my timer said 32 minutes exactly. The course had tons of hills an was pretty intense but I made it to the finish. It was so exciting to hear the spectators...and I felt so official with my number and timing tag. I think I have definitely caught the race bug...my triathlon will be so exciting!


After the race, I walked around for about 90 minutes at the La Jolla Cove. I looked at the ocean and the seals...as well as the La Jolla Contemporary Art Museum.






After two hours of exercise...I headed to the beer garden. It was so fun and exciting!

 Look at me! I ran a race! :) I am so proud of myself.

I had an extravagant lunch at my favorite La Jolla restaurant, went home and sat in the sun...and then made a tasty and light dinner of roasted veg and tofu, and a big salad. What a great Sunday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment